The District Nursing Service is funded by the Canterbury District Health Board and ACC and administered through the Oxford Community Health Centre
The District Nurses provide care to patients of any age group, living within the boundaries of the Oxford Ward of the Waimakariri District Council to the west of Okuku River Bridge, Springbank, Browns Road.
- Weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Weekend and after hrs by pre-arrangement only
- No “Emergency” care.
- Two part time job sharing Registered Nurses.
- Two R/N relievers
Generalist and Specialist District Nursing Care in private homes in the community, including:
- Assessment of patient’s health needs, need for nursing care and access to health care.
- Education of patients and caregivers on:
- Home nursing care,
- Self monitoring procedures
(e.g. blood sugar testing)
- Support services.
- Palliative/Terminal Care for cancer and other health conditions
- Wound assessment and wound care.
- Taking blood samples for patients unable to travel to their doctor’s surgery or laboratory.
- Ostomy care.
- Intra Venous Medication
- Medication Assistance with use of tablets and treatments.
- Post hospital discharge and convalescence follow up.
Referrals to the service are accepted from:
- Doctor’s Surgeries.
- Public and Private Hospital
- Wards and staff.
- Community Health Support Agencies.
- Volunteer groups. e.g. Cancer
- Support, Stroke Group etc.
- Patients or their relatives
How to Contact us:
Leave a message with:
Oxford Community Health Centre
39 Park Avenue, Oxford
Ph. 03 3124 195
Fax 03 3123 336
Bev Parkes, Paula Bruce (relievers)